After School Program
The FMS After School Program will begin on Monday, September 24th. We are very excited about our after-school program this year! We have many stimulating and unique opportunities and hope your child will find something that interests them. Please see below for some important information in regards to the After-School Program.
Late Buses: Late buses begin on Monday September 24th and will be offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and dismiss around 4:45 PM. There are fewer buses and runs, the stop may be different from the normal morning or afternoon stop.
Clubs/Activities: The first list of activities will be posted on the FMS website and sent out through News You Choose in mid-September. This list will constantly be updated throughout the year with changes and additions. Please check back often to make sure you are viewing the most recent version. In order to participate, your child must turn in an After-School registration form.
Attendance: Attendance is taken each day after school for all activities. If your child is absent from school, they are not permitted to return to participate in the after-school program that day.
Pick-Up: If you are picking your child up, please utilize the Kiss and Ride area. You do not need to check your child out through the main office. If you are picking them up prior to the conclusion of their activity, please pre-arrange this with them so they know to meet you in the Kiss and Ride area. We do encourage students to stay through to the end of their activity, please avoid early pick up when possible. If you choose to pick your child up instead of them taking a late bus, please arrive promptly at the conclusion of their activity to prevent unnecessary wait time by students or staff.
- Be sure to discuss your child’s after-school plan with them every day to avoid any confusion in the afternoon.
- Due to the number of students staying after each day, it’s extremely difficult to deliver phone messages to students. Please communicate with your child ahead of time to avoid any potential problems.
- All FCPS and FMS school rules apply during the after-school program. Please remind your child to adhere to this.
Encourage your child to be an active part of the after-school program. Research has shown that there are many benefits to participating and here are just a few…
- Increased academic performance and classroom participation
- Improved homework completion rates
- Improved student behavior
- Better peer relations and emotional adjustment
- Improved student-adult relationships
- Improved school attendance
- Better attitude towards school
- Increased participation in healthy recreational activities
- Increased school, family, and community partnerships
Have questions or need more information about the after-school program?
Contact Mrs. Molle, After-School Program Specialist, Cemolle@fcps.edu.