Fairfax County Public Schools’ contract with Blackboard ends on June 30. The new learning management system is Schoology (pronounced /SKOO-luh-jee/). Schoology is a learning space that enhances communication, collaboration, and personalized learning for students, teachers, and families. Schoology will be used division-wide starting in July.
Schoology was chosen to:
- Support and implement instructional practices aligned to our learning model
- Help students reach the Portrait of a Graduate goals
- Provide all students with equitable access to meaningful learning experiences
- Offer anytime access to their virtual learning space
Students will have a Schoology account by June 18.
- Students use their FCPS student ID and password to login to Schoology
- Students will not see any classes until the grading period starts
As a parent or guardian, you will be able to use Schoology to view:
- your child’s class
- your child’s assignments and participation
- your child’s calendar
- teacher comments, scores, and feedback
Parent accounts will be available in mid-August. To access Schoology, parents will need to have an active SIS/ParentVUE account.