School Opening Information
Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year!
7th Grade Immunization Requirement Notice
All students entering 7th grade will be required to receive one dose of each of the following immunizations prior to the beginning of school: Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis booster (Tdap), and Meningococcal vaccine (MenACWY).
7th grade students cannot begin school in August without proper Tdap and Meningococcal documentation.
Please provide one of the following documents to FMS by Aug. 18th. You may drop immunization records off in the main office or email them to Kristine Smith, SSA at [email protected].
- An updated immunization record showing that the student has received these immunizations.
- A note on a healthcare provider’s letterhead stating the date the vaccines were given.
- A healthcare provider’s written statement of a permanent or temporary medical exemption.
- A notarized Religious Exemption Form
Immunizations are available from your student's healthcare provider or the Fairfax County Health Department. The Health Department clinic locations and hours are available online or by calling 703-246-2411.
Required Forms for All Students:
This year, we are excited to announce that parents will be able to use SIS ParentVUE to verify and update their student’s emergency contacts, phone numbers, and health conditions. Details about this new process called Online Verification / Update (OVU) will be shared with parents this summer.
- Emergency Care Form
- All students must have accurate emergency care information each school year. Parent/Legal Guardians update this information via their SIS ParentVue account. Log into your SIS ParentVUE account.
- Health Information Form - In SIS ParentVUE.
- Intent to Ride School Bus- In SIS ParentVUE
- Digital Resource Consent - This parent consent allows your child to use FCPS approved digital tools that require parental consent. (NOTE: Form will be available beginning August 14, 2023).
- After School Program Registration Form (ALL students must complete, regardless of intent to participate). More information about our After School Program can be found here.
- SOL Retake Parent Permission Form- All parents can complete for students regardless of SOL score.
- Optional: In SIS ParentVUE- Under Report Card Tabs choose "Go Paperless."
Opt-Out Forms available through ParentVUE:
The following opt-out forms can be completed as needed by going to the “Student Info” tab and clicking “Edit Information" in ParentVUE. Here is more information about Opt-Out Forms.
- SEL Screener Participation
- Counseling Opt Out
- Transportation Intent
- Home Internet Access
- Family Life Education Opt-Out Forms
- Military-Connected Student Form
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application
- Homeless Student Referral Form