Policies and Procedures
- Students should leave their backpacks in their lockers during the school day.
- Purses and cases for personally owned devices are permitted
We are pleased to announce that racks for up to 40 bikes are available for students who wish to bike to school. Students will be required to walk their bikes on school grounds, have a helmet, and lock their bikes to the rack.
Personal Device Policy
The expectation is that students have phones and electronic devices (including earphones) put away unless being used for academic purposes.
In a locker is considered put away
Earphones/buds should not be visible
Students who violate the cell phone guidelines will be asked to:
- 1st time - shut down device and place it in classroom phone pocket
- 2nd time - teacher will make parent contact by the end of the school day
- 3rd time - referral to the administrator and device confiscation
The administration will be contacted if students become defiant about shutting down or turning over a cell phone. Cell phones are prohibited at lunch. However, cell phones may be used for instructional purposes in the classroom setting.
- All students are expected to dress appropriately for a K-12 educational environment.
- Any clothing that interferes with or disrupts the educational environment is unacceptable.
Find more details in our Student Rights and Responsibilities.
Student Checkout Procedures
- If you need to pick your child up early, please send a note in with your child on that day. your child may then get a pass from Attendance and be ready and waiting for you in the office. You will need to come to the office, show identification, and sign your student out at the time of early dismissal.
- If your child is absent or going to be tardy, please call the Attendance Line at 703-904-5151 or use our online attendance tool. If you need to speak with the Attendance Secretary, please call 703-802-7746 or 703-802-7700.
Our goal is to ensure that your student will enjoy a healthful, safe school year. The clinic is located within the main office and is open from 7:25 a.m. - 2:25 p.m. Feel free to call the Clinic Room Aide at 703-904-5110 or your School Public Health Nurse at 703-904-5135 if you have any questions.
Did you know that middle school students cannot transport any medication to or from school? All medications that a student may need during the school day must be brought to school by a parent or guardian along with a completed medication authorization form. There are no exceptions to this policy.