Policies and Procedures
- Students should leave their backpacks in their lockers during the school day.
- Purses and cases for personally owned devices are permitted
We are pleased to announce that racks for up to 40 bikes are available for students who wish to bike to school. Students will be required to walk their bikes on school grounds, have a helmet, and lock their bikes to the rack.
Personal Device Policy
The expectation is that students have phones and electronic devices (including earphones) put away unless being used for academic purposes.
In a locker is considered put away
Earphones/buds should not be visible
Students who violate the cell phone guidelines will be asked to:
- 1st time - shut down device and place it in classroom phone pocket
- 2nd time - teacher will make parent contact by the end of the school day
- 3rd time - referral to the administrator and device confiscation
The administration will be contacted if students become defiant about shutting down or turning over a cell phone. Cell phones are prohibited at lunch. However, cell phones may be used for instructional purposes in the classroom setting.
- All students are expected to dress appropriately for a K-12 educational environment.
- Any clothing that interferes with or disrupts the educational environment is unacceptable.
Find more details in our Student Rights and Responsibilities.
Student Early Checkout Procedures
To minimize disruptions to the classroom learning environment, please have your student bring a note to the main office before school starts detailing the student name, date, time you will pick up your student and the reason for the early dismissal. A pass will be issued to your student to be released from class, and your student will be in the office at the scheduled release time. A parent must come into the office to sign the student out. Please be prepared to show a picture ID. Any person not listed on the Emergency Care Card may not pick up a student from school without written permission from the parent. Please do not use the attendance line to request early dismissal.
- If your child is absent or going to be tardy, please call the Attendance Line at 703-904-5151 or 703-904-5100 or use our online attendance tool.
Our goal is to ensure that your student will enjoy a healthful, safe school year. The clinic is located within the main office and is open from 7:25 a.m. - 2:25 p.m. Feel free to call the Clinic Room Aide at 703-904-5110 or your School Public Health Nurse at 703-904-5135 if you have any questions.
Did you know that middle school students cannot transport any medication to or from school? All medications that a student may need during the school day must be brought to school by a parent or guardian along with a completed medication authorization form. There are no exceptions to this policy.