The Franklin Middle School learning community will continue to model and employ best practices in education, integrate cutting-edge technology, and foster positive relationships to engage each student. Challenging core academic subjects and fine and practical arts will support and enrich each student in an inclusive environment. The Franklin Middle School student will become a self-aware individual and a productive, responsible member of society and the global community.
The Franklin Middle School learning community, consisting of parents, students, and staff, is committed to a rigorous and differentiated instructional program in a safe and nurturing environment. The curriculum and climate challenge and support each student to strengthen core knowledge and higher level thinking, awaken curiosity and creativity, apply problem-solving strategies, develop self-advocacy and communication skills, and become community-minded, life-long learners.
Franklin Core Values & Beliefs
- All students can learn.
- Every student's success is the responsibility of our learning community.
- Each student is important and entitled to the opportunity to realize his or her fullest potential.
- The "Character Counts" traits of: Trustworthiness, Responsibility, Respect, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship create a well-rounded citizen.
- All students can and want to be successful.
- All students respond positively to high expectations.
- All students respond to caring adults in their lives.
- All students thrive in safe environments.
- Students thrive in a highly engaging environment.
- All students can learn to self-advocate.
- Students who feel highly connected to the school and community have greater self-esteem and are more successful.
- Embracing diversity prepares students for the global community.
- Intelligence can be nurtured.
- We should strive for EXCELLENCE IN ALL ENDEAVORS.