After School Program
Franklin After School Program (FASP) Overview
Franklin Middle School is committed to promoting active participation in extracurricular activities to support the academic mission and enrich the lives of students. Students that engage in these programs are more likely to develop positive attitudes towards school, achieve full academic potential, and become productive citizens. Students are encouraged to maintain a balance between their instructional studies, after-school activities, and other outside interests.
All clubs are open to all students regardless of sex, race, or ability. Most clubs are open enrollment; however, some clubs will have membership requirements. Because all programs are virtual at this time, students will need to complete a google form (coming soon!) in order to sign up and receive a link to access the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session. If there is a selection process, club sponsors will review program information, commitment requirements, and the club selection process at the initial club meeting.
- Franklin After-School offers an environment that inspires creativity, provides challenges, teamwork, and FUN!
Our Virtual After-School Program
- Virtual programs will begin on Monday, September 21st, 2020.
- ALL Franklin students must submit a program registration form prior to participating in the after-school program. The registration form is located on the student google site!
- Monday - Friday | 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM, with possible programs earlier on Monday, and later programs on occasion.
- Programs will be a combination of synchronous and asynchronous activities.
- Synchronous activities will be facilitated by FCPS and FC NCS staff using BBCU and Google applications.
- Students can sign up for programs through the Student Resource Site and on the After-School Google Classroom starting Thursday, September 17th.
- Students may sign up for as many programs as their schedules will allow.
Funding for this program comes from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and the Fairfax County School Board.