Franklin Middle School Student Services Mission
The Franklin Middle School Professional School Counselors are committed to ensuring equity and access to school programs for all students while supporting the development of technological skills and digital tools. School Counselors prepare and inspire students to thrive in a global community and support the development of essential life skills and resiliency. As part of a comprehensive data-driven counseling program, counselors promote physical and mental well-being as well as empathy, compassion and respect for others. The FMS Professional School Counselors collaborate with stakeholders to encourage divergent thinking and effective communication to promote ethical, community-minded life-long learners.
All students are assigned a school counselor based on teams and grade levels. Please contact the Student Services Office at 703.904.5100 if you have any questions.
Student Services Staff
- Director of Student Services Tami Brumett | 703-904-5126
- Student Information Assistant (Registrar) Teresa Wyne | 703-904-5102
- Counselor 7A, 8B Kathy Hudson | 703-904-5153
- Counselor 7C, 8A Jessica Elliot | 703-904-5132
- Counselor 7B, 8C Tammi Case | 703-904-5152
Support & Special Resource Staff
- Cecilia Goldstein | Parent Liaison | 703-904-5193
- Lea Fadden | Testing Coordinator | 703-904-5154
- Cara Gottheim | Psychologist | 703-904-5148
- Elyse Brunais | Social Worker | 703-904-5242
- Natalie Valenzuela| Crisis Resource Teacher | 703-904-5230
Congratulations to the Franklin Middle School Student Services Department!
Franklin Middle School will be honored with the Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP) designation for establishing an outstanding school counseling program. The RAMP designation, awarded to schools whose counseling programs align with the criteria set in the ASCA National Model, recognizes schools that are committed to delivering a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program and creating an exemplary educational environment. Congratulations!