Review our Bus Procedures, Attendance Policy, and Tardy Policy
Absences or Late Arrivals
Note: This form is NOT for early dismissals or homework requests. For homework requests, please contact your child's teacher via email. Thank you.
To minimize disruptions to the classroom learning environment, please have your student bring a note to the main office before school starts detailing the student name, date, time you will pick up your student and the reason for the early dismissal. A pass will be issued to your student to be released from class, and your student will be in the office at the scheduled release time. A parent must come into the office to sign the student out. Please be prepared to show a picture ID. Any person not listed on the Emergency Care Card may not pick up a student from school without written permission from the parent. Please do not use the attendance line to request early dismissal. Print your own Early Dismissal Notes here.
Important Information for Parents using Online Form
You can use this form to report your child's absence from Franklin MS. By completing and submitting this form, you are authorizing Franklin Middle School to note the absence of your child today, and you hereby give consent that telephone verification may be required by the school. If you have multiple students who attend Franklin MS and who will be absent, you must complete this form for each child. This form reports an absence for today only. If your child is absent for multiple days, please complete this form for each individual day of absence.
Please be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school today. In the "Reason for Absence/Late Arrival" blank space on the form below, indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than the normal pattern of a chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise)
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
This attendance form is to be submitted by the parent/legal guardian only.